(Just realized I didn't post this earlier this month...)
It really is all happening this week! On Sunday I turned 23 years old. I spent the day with my family and a few close friends. We didn't do anything too crazy, but we had a great time just being together. On Monday my parents and I hopped in the car and drove 5 hours north to visit St. Cloud State University. We spent the day looking around campus and the St. Cloud area. On Tuesday we met for my "official" tour and advisor meeting. While I was there I got a call about an assistantship I had applied for and so I was able to set up an on-campus interview. Nothing like springing an interview last minute! Despite all of this, my visit to campus was lacking and left me with an undisirable impression of the university as a whole.
So...we are off to Florida to see what's behind door number two! My parents and I will be leaving on Sunday and staying in Tampa until Thursday of next week. My campus visit is happening on Monday and I could not be more excited for it! I already have an itinerary and it looks like I will be keeping busy all day! Between meeting with faculty members and current students, I know I will get a great feel for what it is like to be a USF student. I even had an interview today for an assistantship position at USF and it went really well. It was my first Skype interview, so it was a new experience. If this pans out, and I like the campus I will finally have my decision made! It's all pretty nerve-racking, but it will be amazing to have all my decisions made!
No comments:
Post a Comment