Monday, September 10, 2012

Settling In


Just over a month in my new city.  Tampa is wonderful.  I am really enjoying my apartment and city living.  Sure, there is more traffic to deal with, and the people aren't quite as friendly as the mid-westerners I am used to, but it is going just fine down here in sunny Florida.  Here is my monthly recap with photos!  Enjoy!

Saying goodbye to the Baltes clan!  It was difficult to get everyone to look at the camera all at once...Matt always has a hard time with this!

Good-bye lunch with Grandma and Grandpa.  I had so much fun spending time with them this summer.  I am blessed with wonderful grandparents!

Travis saying his good-byes to Arthur.  They were both getting emotional! 

All packed and ready to hit the road!  Morning of Day One!

Travel buddy.  He really hated the car, but he did pretty well.

Living room!  Getting everything unloaded...first priority: set up the computer and play some music!

Bedroom and closet.  I love the space I have!

Who knew all that stuff could fit into two cars!  Thank you dad for your excellent packing job!

Kitchen...it is not this messy anymore.

NEW COUCH!!!  Mom and Arthur enjoy the first piece of furniture in my new place.  We love it!
New Desk!  Still looking for the perfect desk chair though.

Mom and I on their last night in town.  Ready to head out and get some delicious food!

Last night in town.  Right after our amazing meal...we will be eating at that place again.
Clearwater Beach...the easiest beach to access from my place.  It is about a 30 minute drive out to the coast, and worth every minute of it!  I have been spending my weekends scoping out my favorite spots!

Sunset at Clearwater Beach.
Where I spent my Labor Day Weekend.  We went tubing at Rainbow River State Park which is about an hour and a half north of Tampa.  Rainbow River is fed from Rainbow Springs so the water is always crystal clear and 73 degrees.  Lucky for me the air temp was close to 100 degrees so the cold water felt wonderful!  I had a blast, and met some really fun people along the way.    

                
  




The only thing missing is a picture of my swimming pool at my apartment complex.  It is safe to say that during the weeks if you can't find me on campus or in my apartment I am at the pool.  Floridians grew up with all-access to swimming pools, but this Iowa girl did not, so I am taking full advantage of it now, and I am usually the only one down there.

Classes have started, and I am getting more settled each day.  I will continue updating this blog and keeping everyone in the loop.  All is well, come visit anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment